Your work activities in an office environment may lead you to living a more sedentary lifestyle and also having to take in more unhealthy snacks.
The same cycle of work that you engage in and the claustrophobic settings of the office can cause depression and even make you lose interest in the work.
Here are some ideas to start with on how to improve your health without you needing to leave your office.
- Drink tons of water: Drink water frequently during working hours and do not drink anything that comes in cans.
- Avoid frequent overtime: You need to talk to your boss about working overtime frequently as this would burn you out more quickly.
- Get up and move: Do not sit in a position for a long period, get up and move about in your office, step outside for a short break.
- Rest your eyes: To prevent eye strain, it is incredibly important to give your eyes a break at regular intervals throughout the day, though this would ideally involve spending some time outside or walking around the building.
- Nourish your mind: Just like nourishing your body, nourishing your mind is essential to maximize productivity.
When you first arrive at work in the morning, before you start your day, take a few minutes at your desk to pursue anything that helps you to relax and recharge, or challenge yourself.
- Balance work and life: Strike a balance between your work and your life. Occasional overtime is okay, but try not to stay late every night and then arrive early the next day. Be sure to take your vacation days and relax.
- Good furniture: Furniture that sits correctly to your desk and supports your lower back will benefit you. You will have fewer aches and pains in your back and hips, and you will promote better posture.
- Music: Listen to some music while you work. Music can lift your spirits and help you focus on your tasks. You may also find yourself moving around more to the beat. You will release stress and feel happier listening to music while you work.
- Exercise: Get up and exercise early before going to work, you can even go some stretches while at work. Don’t worry about looking weird; just do some stretches on your seat.
- Finally, don’t forget to take your vitamins: don’t be too engrossed in your work that you forget to take your vitamins, take them to boost your immunities.